This client wanted a partner to handle the details of importing a unique, difficult-to-find, raw commodity. We made it easy for them by locating the grain in South Africa, and validating the farmer, who is also the processor and handling the logistics to deliver the product to their milling facility on the East Coast.
Specific Challenges Met
- Customer looking for import solutions
- Diversified supply chain into North America
- Global logistics
- Speed at scale
Tradelink Services Used
- Personal relationships with farmers around the world
- Global network of suppliers
- Logistics expertise from South Africa to USA
- QA documentation
- Import documentation
Desired Outcomes Achieved
- Our customer needed to meet increasing demand for this ancient grain flour. We built an end-to-end solution bringing high quality grain into the USA from a distinctive part of the world.
Quote from Sante Group staff about this project
“Long-standing relationships with both farmers and our customer brought about a efficient import solution, on a difficult to find commodity with stringent quality requirements. These are the types of projects we enjoy.”